Teacher Education in Agriculture at SUNY Oswego

If you are looking to certify in Agriculture (or any CTE area) SUNY Oswego’s department of Vocational Teacher Preparation can help.  Oswego offers initial certification at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Courses are offered online, and can be taken as a full-time or part-time student, resulting in a lot of flexibility for students. Students must come to us with an agriculture background; we provide the education courses for certification, but not the specialty area coursework. Typically a 2 year degree in an Agricultural area is the minimum necessary. 

If you would like to speak to Dr. Jan Woodworth about the program, make an appointment at vtp.youcanbook.me and we can discuss options that will work for you.  You can also review our website at www.oswego.edu/vtp.

Additionally, for those interested, we offer the twocourses necessary for receiving the Work Based Learning Coordinator extension on your certification.  See www.oswego.edu/vtp and click on the link for work based learning coordinator on the left hand side of the page.

For those interested in an additional certification in Driver’s Education, that too is offered through our department. Go to www.oswego.edu/vtp and click on the link for driver’s education on the left side of the page.

SUNY Oswego looks forward to providing you with the tools to become a certified Agriculture Teacher in New York!