Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there an Empire Degree luncheon?
- How do we sign up for tours?
Advisors may sign students up for tours Thursday evening and Friday morning before the tours depart. Information regarding tours may be found here.
- What is the Day of Service?
The Day of Service is new to the NY FFA State Convention. The city of Syracuse is an area that struggles with homelessness and poverty, and we wanted to help make a difference. We're leaving our imprint on the city by volunteering our time, talents, and knowledge at 13 different sites around Syracuse. More information may be found here.
- How do I register?
Each chapter adivsor should register ALL students, guests, chaperones using the online system.
- What is there to do?
This year at convention there are numerous opportunities for engagement. The first day of convention features our Day of Service, contests, and that night you have the opportunity to see a world class show - Cirque du Soleil! Friday will bring the Engagement Expo, tours, sessions, workshops, and a trip to WonderWorks at Destiny USA. On Saturday we will recognize your fellow FFA members for their hard work on SAEs with the Empire Degree ceremony.
- What do I wear?
- Thursday morning and afternoon: Day of Service t-shirt, jeans/khakis, and close-toed shoes. If you are competing in a CDE you must wear Official Dress unless otherwise stated. There will be time between Day of Service and Opening Session to check in to your hotel and change into Official Dress.
- Thursday evening: Official dress
- Friday: Official dress
- Saturday: Official dress
- Any other questions?
Contact Derek Hill, firstname.lastname@example.org or Kate Downes, email@example.com