Get together the best cooks in your FFA chapter to win the New York Beef Council's Perfect Burger Contest! Learn more.
FFA Chapter Perfect Burger Contest - August 30, 2016
OFFICIAL RULES - Perfect Burger Contest
WHEN: Beef Day @ NYS Fair - Tuesday, August 30, 2016 @ 12:30pm
WHERE: NYS Fair at the Chevy Court Pavilion (across from the Dairy Products Building)
HOW: Fill out an application with NYBC (see link) to enter. Submit via email, mail or fax (315-339-6931) by July 1, 2016. Application can be found here Email to Jean O'Toole at email@example.com
WHO: Any New York FFA Chapter! A Team of 2-3 students for the competition is needed to represent their FFA Chapter!
WHAT will NYBC do:
1. NYBC will supply ALL the ground beef 1.5lbs and burger rolls (4)
2. NYBC will supply all equipment (the gas grills, pots, pans, burger flippers, knives, measuring utensils, foil, plates, etc).
3. NYBC will supply the market basket items – a list of items will be on our website.
4. NYBC will give out prizes! 1st Prize: $500; 2nd Prize $250; 3rd Prize $125
What will you (the contestant) have to do for the contest?
1. You (the FFA Chapter) will need to enter. Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. You (the FFA Chapter) will to be selected by NYBC – 10 teams needed First come, first served!
3. You (the FFA Chapter Team) will need to be at State Fair Aug. 30 to cook off your recipe.
4. You (the FFA Chapter Team) will need to bring ALL your FUN, ENTHUSIASM, COOKING SKILLS, CREATIVITY, SPORTSMANSHIP and banners to promote your Chapter
YOU CAN BRING 1(one) SECRET INGREDIENT to use in your burger!
The Perfect Burger Contest winners are determined by a 1-10 points scale by 5-6 judges from various walks of life! Restaurant owners, beef producers, NYBC Board Member – not culinary geniuses! It’s not the Food Network…it’s the State Fair!
So HAVE FUN!!!
- See more at: http://www.nybeef.org/ffaperfectburgerofficialrulesdetails.aspx#sthash.aVtzo353.dpuf