Free Registration to the First 20 NYAAE members that register on December 15th at 3 pm
2018 Global Learning in Agriculture Conference-Virtual
The mission of the Global Learning Conference in Agriculture is to create space for innovation and collaboration in developing global learning opportunities throughout the K-20 education continuum. The conference will conduct activities the week of January 22nd and the culminating LIVE session will be held online on Friday, January 26, 2018.
Cultivating Global Learners
Are you interested in "globalizing" your agriculturally-focused instruction? The Global Learning Conference in Agriculture is designed to help you create global learning opportunities for students in any agricultural discipline.
When: January 26, 1:00 - 5:00 PM EST
Where: Online via Adobe Connect
1. Purposeful, meaningful global learning can occur on and off campus.
2. There should be coordination from all levels of agricultural education to ensure maximum student growth on the global competency continuum.
Who should attend?
§ Current NYAAE secondary and post-secondary agriscience educators of all disciplines
§ Pre-service agriscience educators of all disciplines
1. Identify resources and opportunities for global learning integration in agriculture education curriculum.
2. Share scholarship related to global learning in agriculture.
3. Share best practices for effective immersion experiences.
4. Engage in innovation: explore global agriculture innovation, develop collaborative research projects and create future instructional programming.
The conference will conduct live and on-demand activities the week of January 22nd and the culminating live session will be held online on Friday, January 26, 2018. Check out the agenda for a complete listing of conference activities.
The #GLAG18 keynote speakers are Appiah Boateng, founder and Executive Director of 4-H Ghana, and Trent McKnight, founder of AgriCorps. The title of their talk is "Transforming Global Agriculture Through Youth Engagement". Click to learn more about the #GLAG18 keynote speakers!
Benefits of registration
As a registrant, you will receive:
•One of only a limited number of spots in this year’s Global Learning in Agriculture conference on January 26, 2018 [Note: To ensure the best experience, we are limiting capacity]
•Opportunity to attend presentations on best practices of globalizing curriculum on campus and best practices for conducting immersion experiences.
•Access to a virtual vendor fair in which you can collaborate with businesses and programs that are interested in helping you achieve your program or individual growth goals.
•Win fabulous door prizes, before, after and during the event!
•Finally, registrants receive an exclusive “Conference in a Box” with critical materials (and wickedly awesome cool stuff) for you have an enjoyable conference experience.