The Empire Degree is the highest honor students can receive at the State level. It requires documentation of a student's SAE as well as confirmation that the student has received the Greenhand, and Chapter degrees. If a student wishes to be considered for a State Star, the student should also fill out the Star Battery portion of the application.
For FFA members in grades 11-12.
You need to sign into MyFFA at ffa.org to view and edit the Empire Degree. You may also edit your degree application through AET.
Empire Degree Application DUE FEBRUARY 15th. Applicants must submit signature page and last page of the PDF to the State FFA Office.
State Star Battery
State FFA Degree To be eligible to receive the State FFA Degree from the state association, a member must meet the following minimum qualifications:
1. Have received the Chapter FFA Degree.
2. Have been an active FFA member for at least two years (24 months) at the time of receiving the State FFA Degree.
3. While in school, have completed the equivalent of at least two years (360 hours) of systematic school instruction in agricultural education at or above the ninth grade level, which includes ffa traditions 29 a supervised agricultural experience program.
4. A student after entering agricultural education must have:
a. earned and productively invested at least $1,000; or
b. worked at least 300 hours in excess of scheduled class time; or c. a combination thereof, in a supervised agricultural experience program.
5. Demonstrate leadership ability by:
a. Performing 10 procedures of parliamentary law.
b. Giving a six-minute speech on a topic relating to agriculture or FFA.
c. Serving as an officer, committee chairperson or participating member of a chapter committee.
6. Have a satisfactory scholastic record as certified by the local agricultural education instructor and the principal or superintendent.
7. Have participated in the planning and completion of the chapter’s Program of Activities.
8. Have participated in at least five different FFA activities above the chapter level.
9. Have participated in at least 25 hours of community service, within at least two different community service activities. These hours are in addition to and cannot be duplicated as paid or unpaid supervised agricultural experience hours. The percentage of the total state membership that may receive the State FFA Degree and other requirements may be established by the state FFA association.
Source: The Official FFA Manual