State Officer Application
E-mail notice of intent to run by March 1. Application submitted by March 15.
District President Application
District Presidents are selected to represent FFA members, NY Agricultural Education Students and FFA chapters in their district. Applications must be submitted by February 15.
NEW YORK NATIONAL Officer CANDIDATE Application
E-mail notice of intent to run by December 15. Application submitted by January 15.
Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Saturday, February 23, 2019 during the Farm Show in Syracuse at the State Fairgrounds.
State Officer Nominating Committee Application
This application is only for the State Officer nominating committee.
E-mail notice of intent of participation by March 15.
FFA Jacket Award
The FFA Jacket Award was established in 2009 and allows the current New York State Officers to recognize those FFA members who have shown outstanding promise in their future as an FFA member and an advocate for agriculture. Current FFA members in grades 7-11 are eligible. Each FFA district will be awarded a minimum of three jackets, with remaining jackets being awarded to at-large applicants. A total of 50 jackets will be awarded. Each Jacket Award winner receives:
A personalized FFA Jacket ($55 - standard size)
Below are the criteria for the jacket award application, which will be used to evaluate applications. Feedback will be provided through written comments within the application:
1. Clearly identify your need/desire to be a jacket award recipient.
2. Make sure your reasons are valid.
3. Make sure your passion for the jacket is evident in your responses.
4. Make sure your answers are thorough and well developed.
5. Show commitment to your future in the FFA and you are seeking the chance to grow as a leader
6. Have a discussion with your advisor about why you want to receive the Jacket Award in order to enhance your letter of recommendation.
7. Make sure your grammar is strong with few or no errors.
8. Audio clip: (if students are looking for a platform to record an audio file, we recommend downloading Audacity)
a. Please answer the question: What does the FFA jacket mean to you?
b. Keep your audio clip to a maximum of 1 minute
c. Articulate your words (speak loudly and clearly)
d. Format for audio: MP3 or MP4
*If you felt unable to convey your intentions through the written responses, the audio clip is your chance to verbally convey your passion and strengthen your application.
9. Examples of accomplishments for new members (first year):
a. Excelling in an agricultural class (even if only for a semester)
b. Any agricultural experience
c. Being active in your chapter (attending meetings, participating in fundraisers, etc.)
10. Examples of accomplishments for continuing members (second/third year):
a. Attending leadership conferences (WLC, 212/360, etc)
b. Competed at State/National convention
c. Earned degrees (Discovery, Greenhand, Chapter, etc.)
Students are required to submit their advisor’s contact information. Once students submit their application, an email will be sent to the advisor. STUDENT APPLICATIONS ARE NOT COMPLETE UNTIL ADVISORS SUBMIT THEIR RECOMMENDATION.
Deadline is March 15 for both student application AND Advisor recommendation
If you are interested in sponsoring an FFA jacket, please contact Derek Hill.
New FFA Chapter jacket award
The New FFA Chapter Jacket Award Program began in 2016 and allows the State Association to recognize those new or reinstated chapters who are making great progress in establishing the FFA Chapter as a integral part of their schools learning community. This award is for those chapters chartered or reinstated within the last two years who do not already have a set of chapter jackets. The selected chapter will receive a set of 10 FFA chapter jackets. Deadline is March 15